Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

A Writers Update

Well today is a two blog post day!

I'm not sure if I told you guys already ( if I looked to previous posts I would know ) but I have started the hunt to look for a publisher or should I self publish??? These are the questions I need answers to. I told myself that by the end of June I would have made a decision and would move forward with one or the other.

It was funny because although I had finished writing the first book I kept looking at my page count that hovered around 170 pages. I kept thinking "OMG I have to write more!!" That was hard because I didn't want to bleed into my draft for the second book and was trying to find ways to extend it. That being said me being completely green to this process I decided to look up Manuscript parameters and what do you know...I gained 300 pages once I converted the whole thing and then it actually felt like it was finished.

Besides a read through and edit it's done and by the end of the month it will be ready to go and I'm excited and terrified at the same time but on top of all of that...whether I get published or not I...wrote...a...book... Something that was in my head is now on paper and that makes me proud as hell of myself.

So what are the next steps? I have no idea but I will research and question and find out everything I can to make it happen!!!

Sometimes I can't breathe when I think about it...

And advice is welcome! Pros, Cons of Self Publishing whatever you have I need to know it all!!

In the meantime I've been speed reading through Karen Marie Monings Fever Series and I'm hooked as hell. 5 books in a week I'm on book 6 now waiting for the last 3 to be delivered this week.

See Ya
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List